Pressure Temperature Spinner Tool System
PRESSURE TEMPERATURE SPINNER LOGGING
High Temperature PTS Logging Tools
High Temperature PTS Logging Tools manufactured by MB Century New Zealand is available for purchase. The Geothermal Pressure-Temperature-Spinner (PTS) tools is used in Geothermal investigation and well testing, which have been field proven for almost 30 years. This experience provides us with unique insights into where the PTS tools need to be to satisfy the clients with accurate, reliable and timely data. The purpose built surface read out hardware and software is synchronized with the PTS tool.
What does it do?
- The PTS tool is designed to continuously measure and record down hole temperatures, pressures and flows in Geothermal wells.
- The tool is capable of operating in an environment with temperatures up to 350°C (660°F) and pressures up to 350 bar (5000psi).
- The PTS tool can be used on mono-conductor cable in E-line mode with real time data to surface, or on Slickline in memory mode. In memory mode, the logged data is downloaded to a laptop at the surface and merged with the logged surface parameters. Logged data remains in the tool memory until it is cleared by the operator. The ruggedized laptop is also available for purchase or the customer can provide their own.
- Interchangeable spinner impeller allows impeller selection to suit the flow conditions.
The PTS tool is suitable for completion testing, production testing, reinjection testing and for logging shut-in Geothermal wells.
Features & Benefits:
- The surface read out software has a user configurable graphical plot; the y-axis can be alternated between depth and time, providing a valuable tool for real time analysis of well survey data.
- Runs on standard mono-conductor E-line and Slickline without requiring reconfiguration the tool electronics.
- 3 spinner channels, offering increased reliability and confidence.
- A high resolution, fast response, robust pressure transducer (quartz crystal sensor element) which is also temperature compensated for gathering very accurate pressure gradient data.
- Memory operation provides alternatives to temperature limits and cost of E-line operation.
- Calibration data for temperature and pressure is stored permanently in the tool.
- Sampling rate of 4 readings per second.
- Can be run as a PT tool without a spinner.
- Easy to service and maintain. The non-major repairs can be done quickly and easily in Prowell’s workshop in Jakarta. No need to send it far away to the foreign product center.
Where is it being used?
- New Zealand (Contact Energy, Mighty River Power)
- Papua New Guinea (Newcrest Gold Mining, previously: Lihir Gold)
- Indonesia (Chevron Gunung Salak, Chevron Darajat, Star Energy Geothermal Wayang Windu, Pertamina Geothermal Energy (PGE) Kamojang, PGE Lahendong, PGE Ulubelu, PGE Kerinci & SOL Sarulla).
- The Philippines (Chevron Tiwi, Chevron Makban, Maibarara & EDC).